A newer and up-to-date Nokia 6 (2018) has been announced for the midrange market. The Nokia 6 refresh brings some welcome upgrades and is expected to hit the markets in the coming weeks.
Other than a reduced size due to a smaller footprint and the more powerful chipset, the second generation Nokia 6 has the same hardware as the base-variant of Nokia 6.
Design and Display
2018 Nokia 6 comes with a 5.5-inch IPS LCD screen with a FullHD (1080 x 1920 pixels) resolution and a 16:9 aspect ratio. The bezel size is slightly smaller than the Nokia 6, sans the 18:9 display, and the new screen-to-body ratio is ~73%.
The new Nokia 6’s unibody design is based on 6000 series aluminum.
One of the bigger design changes is the new rear-mounted fingerprint sensor (on the front in the older model). The 2018 Nokia 6 is around 5mm shorter than the original one which is still a positive move.
Internals and Storage
Internally, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 runs the show – the previous Nokia 6 had a 430. The CPU is a 2.2 GHz Octa-core chip paired with an Adreno 508 GPU. The RAM is 4 GB with 32 or 64 GB internal storage.
The storage is expandable via a microSD slot and a 3.5mm headphone jack is also available. Another change is the new Type-C connector, compared to the old Nokia 6’s microUSB.
Camera and Battery
The primary shooter on the 2018 Nokia 6 is the same as its predecessor – a single 16MP sensor with F/2.0 aperture and 1.0um pixels. The front camera is an 8MP F/2.2 sensor.
The battery hasn’t changed either, a non-removeable 3,000mAh powers the 2018 Nokia 6. It should theoretically charge faster now thanks to the USB-C connector. The official stats say it charges up to 50% in 30 mins.
Availability and Price
The 2018 Nokia 6 is currently available for preorder in China and is available in two colors – Black and Silver.
The pre-order price is CNY1,499 (~Rs. 24,000) for the 32 GB variant and CNY1,699 (~Rs. 27,000) for the 64 GB one.
Nokia 6 Specifications
- CPU: Octa-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 630
- GPU: Adreno 508
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat (Android 8.0 Oreo planned)
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE; dual SIM
- Fingerprint scanner (rear-mounted)
- Dimensions: 148.8 x 75.8 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 172 g
- 5.5-inch FullHD (1080 x 1920 pixels) IPS LCD; 16:9 aspect ratio
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal: 32/64 GB
- Card slot: yes, up to 256 GB
- Primary: 16MP, PDAF, dual-LED dual-tone flash
- Secondary: 8MP AF, 1080P
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- Battery: 3,000mAh with a Type-C connector
- Price: ~Rs. 24,000 for 32 GB and ~Rs. 27,000 for 64 GB